Day 19 Eggs Hatching Accidentally Opened Bator

Morning all,

The update is another egg has made a hole. So that's 4 eggs that are trying to hatch.

There is some cheeps still.

Gosh it's exciting!

Attachments

• PXL_20230120_083932278.jpg
    PXL_20230120_083932278.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 10
Morning all,

The update is another egg has made a hole. So that's 4 eggs that are trying to hatch.

There is some cheeps still.

Gosh it's exciting!
Good luck little ones
I let schools use my stuff and incubate ducklings. We went in on day 25 to remove the turner
Took all the eggs out and were doing a last candle. Felt a external pip and went oh shoot
Added water for humidity. Got eggs in and babies were fine
It was about 5 mins before we realized one had a pip
Nobody was shrink wrapped and all hatched

Good luck little ones
I let schools use my stuff and incubate ducklings. We went in on day 25 to remove the turner
Took all the eggs out and were doing a last candle. Felt a external pip and went oh shoot
Added water for humidity. Got eggs in and babies were fine
It was about 5 mins before we realized one had a pip
Nobody was shrink wrapped and all hatched

Ooo that's good news!

The humidity is at 65% now is there anything she should do? I've said leave alone because they all seem to be making progress but I've never used an incubator so I'm not sure if this is the right advice.

Is there a plug to turn off the incubator instead of taking the turner out? Once they have pipped, it's really dangerous to open the incubator, it can shrink wrap them, which can kill them. You can also quickly and carefully take all of the eggs out and lay them on their side and take the turner out. If you have to, take a warm, wet, and clean towel and wipe the eggs down so the membrane stays moist and prevent it from shrinking. That should be done when you suspect and can confirm that one or multiple eggs have shrink wrapped. Be careful with bacteria getting inside. This is why it's only for emergencies only. You need to do it quick! Try not to keep the incubator open for long so it doesn't get cold inside. The eggs should be okay. The babies all need to be dried off and everyone should be hatched before opening the incubator once lockdown/hatching has started. :)
Turning off the incubator would be far more dangerous than opening it. Shrink wrapping is a common fear but rarely actually happens. You'd have to have the incubator open for a decent amount of time before the membrane would dry out.

Back
Top Bottom