Day 19 Halfway Over Already! Stage One, the first 49 Eggs * PIPS!!!!*

speckledhen

Intentional Solitude
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Feb 3, 2007
Blue Ridge Mtns. of North Georgia
I have 15 eggs in the Cooler-Bator and the rest of the 49 in the Hova Bator. The Cooler is humming along, easier to regulate in this very cool house than the Hova, which lately has been giving me more trouble. Those plastic windows are the culprit, I think; that and my room temp in there this morning is below 70 degrees. I have had to put an afghan over the Hova to try to get the temps up in it.
The rest of the hatch, 11 eggs, are still in the Fridge-a-Bator, and on Day 11 today.
I have a Dr appt first thing tomorrow a.m. and I dont want to leave, dang it. Guess better then than on Day 21 when my DH and I are supposed to be gone 4 hours or so that afternoon. He has to have his eyes dilated for an exam ina city an hour away and I guess I should go with him....or just hand him some sunglasses, LOL.

Last edited:
Hard to believe its here already!!... Hmmmm... time flys!!...Good hatching vibes....

It's cool here this morning too... almost brrr

Good luck. I have moving eggs but no pip here on day 20. I'll send you some good hatching vibes so hopefully karma will come my way too. Good luck!
jumpy.gif

It was pretty chilly this morning here, compared to the last few days, probably only 40 degrees or so. With no heat in the house or fire in the woodstove, it was pretty cool inside, too. Should be much warmer the next few days, though. Good luck to you, champion!

I'm about to head to bed since I have to be at the doctor by 8:30 a.m. My Day 20 begins technically about 1-2 pm. tomorrow afternoon. I've seen a RIR and a splash Orp egg moving tonight so I'm hoping for a pip or two by tomorrow evening from at least one of the 49 eggs due this go-round. The brooder is ready, just need to turn on the light and load up the food and water. The outside coop is ready with the heat lamps in place and new shavings, all clean and disinfected for this big batch of chicks that will definitely outgrow the bsmt brooder in just over a week or two at the outside. Nothing to do but watch and wait.

Back
Top Bottom