Day 19, Have some questions?

cluckers&quackers

Songster
11 Years
Aug 29, 2008
Vermont
Ok I am on day 19 now with my chicken eggs, I stopped turning yesterday as instructed. Yesterday I checked all of my eggs one more time, some of them as of yesterday I hadn't been able to catch any movement in them for a couple of days, so a little worried about those, some of them I could see movement and could only see into the egg from the air cell end, some of them I could see the chick moving, but there still seemed to be quite a bit of space in the egg, is this bad? It doesn't seem as though the chick fills the egg? Also if any are going to hatch when should I expect to start seeing signs of that?

Thanks everyone for the help!!
smile.png

First have patience!! It's always been day 20 here for me when I first start seeing pips usually in the afternoon to evenings, thats if temps/humidity have really been on track. Once they start pipping the shell is can take 24 hours or longer before they zip out. So no opening the bator. The ones with the most space may be the last ones to hatch out as they need more time.

Hi, Thank you!!
smile.png
I am definitely going to find the patience part very hard!! I am getting very anxious!!
smile.png

That makes me feel better about the eggs with space in them
smile.png
I was worried it was because they didn't develop right or something. Should I expect those to hatch a couple days late, or they will just be the last eggs that start hatching?

Thanks so much!!
smile.png

They may or may not hatch, I always wait a few extra days if I have some that may hatch out. I've had hatches as late as day 25 when temps or humidity have been low, so there is always hope.

I have had a few that looked not quite full when moved to the hatcher. I don't know if they were in a cooler part of the bator or what, but they usually were the last ones to hatch.

Back
Top Bottom