Day 19..I just candled the last time & removed the turner

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by rooster0209, May 13, 2008.

1. rooster0209

rooster0209 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    North Dakota
    I am just not going to be able to handle the next 2 days. How do you stand it? I am extremely low on patience.

I had to remove 4 eggs cuz they looked clear. I cracked them to see and 3 were just yokes and one had a brownish yoke.

I marked an "M" on 3eggs cause I am just not sure.

That leaves me 34 positives and 3 maybes out of 41 eggs.

I swear I saw feathers in one [​IMG]

I am getting the humidity to 70% and the temp back to 100. What if the humidity is higher than 70%...say 85%

2. swiftfoot

swiftfoot Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 23, 2007
    Blountville , TN
    congrats i will have to remove my turner on the 17th

3. Kessidy

Kessidy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2008
    That is exciting. I am still waiting on mine this evening. I was sure they would hatch this morning. The wait is killer.

4. apbgv

apbgv Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Iowa
    I have some eggs in my bator due to hatch thurs also, the cats knocked the top off the bator:eek: sunday and the temp was 67 when i found it but I did see one moving that pm so I hope the rest are ok, hard to see much at this size. Sometimes I could just KILL my cats, they don't realize how good they have it:p

5. rooster0209

rooster0209 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    North Dakota
    My cats are brats too. I have paw prints on the top of my bator. They have to see everything!

I sure hope all works out and your chicks are fine. To have all the exicitement end that way would be awful. Good luck

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by