Day 19 What now?

stephstan

Hatching
9 Years
Jun 24, 2010
This is my first time at using an incubator. I am a nervous wreck because I am doing this in my classroom. I know I should have tried it at home first, but now I am in too far to back out! I have candled them and have 17 healthy looking (at least to me) babies ready to come out. I read that now it is time to quit turning them. I unplugged the turning thing. Now what do I do? I took the plastic turning thing that holds the eggs upright out of the incubator and put a soft clean cloth over the wire bottom. I do have water in the tray below. Did I do everything correctly? Help Help! I need any and all advice. I want this to be a wonderful learning project for my class, not a disaster! Steph:rolleyes:

I have hatched 2 bathes and both times they have started to pip at 20 days and hatch for 24-48 hrs. At first everyone that hatches will look like it has 1 foot in the grave. After a few hours they regain strength and will look very healthy. It can take several hours for them to hatch after they pip.

Did I do everything okay...as far as taking turning thing out and putting in a towel? They are just laying on the towel...it just doesn't look right.
sad.png

Quote:
Putting paper towel down is fine. We have eggs on day 19 right now too. Just make sure if you have paper towels over the bottom that the water can evaporate ok to keep up humidity.

Back
Top Bottom