Day 19 :)

I'm worried now about the other eggs being banged around in the incubator.. It's so dangerous in there, eggs that I've cared for for 3 weeks are now going through crazy banging from the chick, will they be ok?

That is wonderful... I admit I take my chicks out fairly soon... I can't handle too much egg football. Some folks leave them in and the rolled eggs do hatch apparently.

I'm worried now about the other eggs being banged around in the incubator.. It's so dangerous in there, eggs that I've cared for for 3 weeks are now going through crazy banging from the chick, will they be ok?

They should be fine. The chicks that hatch first always roll the others about and yet, they still hatch. :eek:)

Thanks guys, I've taken the first 2 chicks out. Another one has just hatched, I'll wait until it's dry and take it out aswell :)

Thanks guys, I've taken the first 2 chicks out. Another one has just hatched, I'll wait until it's dry and take it out aswell
smile.png
congrats on your chics.. I am on day 21 and nothing - not a peep, not a pip, not anything..
sad.png
and I don't work so I can't even get away so as not to watch them all the time..lol

I've been watching mine since day 17 when I noticed the eggs rocking. This is day 20 so a bit soon. All the others have pipped though :)

No Kathryn. Day 22 and still nothing.
hmm.png
every now and then I think I see movement, but it is so brief, that I am not sure if I am seeing things because I want to see movement.
I have tested a couple of eggs doing the "water candling" thing, and I get some nice strong water wiggles - but still no cheeping, pipping or zipping..
I will just have to wait and be patient.. I have a good feeling that it will happen today.

Sending you all the luck, I hope you get some chicks today
263a.png
. I have only lost 1 so far, he was in his way out and think I may have opened the incubator one too many times to get chicks out and he died in the shell, but I have 8 little chicks with what looks like 2 more on the way and today is day 21 for me. It's my first hatch so I'm very happy. Hope you have good news this afternoon :)

so I guess by your last comment - I shouldn't open the incubator too many times :)
Where in Aus are you? Country Vic here

Back
Top Bottom