Day 20, and I am worried!

KristaChickenWhisperer

Songster
11 Years
Sep 1, 2008
Lake Stevens, WA
Hi all~

I have chicken eggs on day 20 in the bator, and I havent had any pips or movement yet. I am starting to get really worried because my last hatch didn't go well at all (none of my eggs developed.)

This time I know for sure we have development because we saw veinging/embryos every time we candled. Last time we candled was on day 17 and everything looked good, the eggs looked full of chickies.

I just need some reassurance, because I am being a worry wart. I just hope the babies are still ok.

Im so paranoid!
barnie.gif

Last edited:
same here. it's around day 20-24 now. no chicks. last time i candled there were chicks moving in them and everything.
fl.gif

good luck!
hugs.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Last time I candled it was really hard to see anything because the whole egg was dark with chick. I could see the veins a little bit and everything seemed good there.

The temp has been about 99-100 (I have an LG still air.)

Well I am with you and just have patience. My babies are due on the 14th and over night, my temp went from 100.5 to 104. You can believe I grabbed a couple and checked. Still movement, but not as much as there originally was: so I am a nervous wreck right with you.

Sending hatching vibes and prayers to the chicken God your way.

fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Thanks for the hatch vibes.

I hope all goes well with you too! My temps have been kind of scattered today but haven't really gone up too much.

I am so nervous right now. I don't know if I can handle another bad hatch.
hit.gif

Quote:
Last time I candled it was really hard to see anything because the whole egg was dark with chick. I could see the veins a little bit and everything seemed good there.

Your temp with a still air should be around 102. Your hatch might be delayed a bit.

Quote:

Your temp with a still air should be around 102. Your hatch might be delayed a bit.

Thank you. I turned it up a little bit so we will see what happens. How long do you think the hatch may have been delayed?

Back
Top Bottom