Day 20, and I am worried!

KristaChickenWhisperer

Songster
11 Years
Sep 1, 2008
Lake Stevens, WA
Hi all~

I have chicken eggs on day 20 in the bator, and I havent had any pips or movement yet. I am starting to get really worried because my last hatch didn't go well at all (none of my eggs developed.)

This time I know for sure we have development because we saw veinging/embryos every time we candled. Last time we candled was on day 17 and everything looked good, the eggs looked full of chickies.

I just need some reassurance, because I am being a worry wart. I just hope the babies are still ok.

Im so paranoid!
barnie.gif

Last edited:

77horses

◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊
12 Years
Aug 19, 2008
Maine
same here. it's around day 20-24 now. no chicks. last time i candled there were chicks moving in them and everything.
fl.gif

good luck!
hugs.gif

Last edited:

KristaChickenWhisperer

Songster
11 Years
Sep 1, 2008
Lake Stevens, WA
Quote:
Last time I candled it was really hard to see anything because the whole egg was dark with chick. I could see the veins a little bit and everything seemed good there.

The temp has been about 99-100 (I have an LG still air.)

countrybum

Songster
11 Years
Sep 15, 2008
area pop. 96
Well I am with you and just have patience. My babies are due on the 14th and over night, my temp went from 100.5 to 104. You can believe I grabbed a couple and checked. Still movement, but not as much as there originally was: so I am a nervous wreck right with you.

Sending hatching vibes and prayers to the chicken God your way.

fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

KristaChickenWhisperer

Songster
11 Years
Sep 1, 2008
Lake Stevens, WA
Thanks for the hatch vibes.

I hope all goes well with you too! My temps have been kind of scattered today but haven't really gone up too much.

I am so nervous right now. I don't know if I can handle another bad hatch.
hit.gif

roche477

Songster
10 Years
May 15, 2009
Malvern, Arkansas
Quote:
Last time I candled it was really hard to see anything because the whole egg was dark with chick. I could see the veins a little bit and everything seemed good there.

Your temp with a still air should be around 102. Your hatch might be delayed a bit.

KristaChickenWhisperer

Songster
11 Years
Sep 1, 2008
Lake Stevens, WA
Quote:

Your temp with a still air should be around 102. Your hatch might be delayed a bit.

Thank you. I turned it up a little bit so we will see what happens. How long do you think the hatch may have been delayed?

Top Bottom