Day 20, and I am worried!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by KristaChickenWhisperer, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Hi all~

I have chicken eggs on day 20 in the bator, and I havent had any pips or movement yet. I am starting to get really worried because my last hatch didn't go well at all (none of my eggs developed.)

This time I know for sure we have development because we saw veinging/embryos every time we candled. Last time we candled was on day 17 and everything looked good, the eggs looked full of chickies.

I just need some reassurance, because I am being a worry wart. I just hope the babies are still ok.

Im so paranoid! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2009
  2. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    Maine
    same here. it's around day 20-24 now. no chicks. last time i candled there were chicks moving in them and everything. [​IMG]

good luck! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2009
  3. The Wolf Queen

The Wolf Queen Songster

May 2, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Maybe your chicks are late bloomers. If they dont hatch by day 25 or 26 candle and see if there is still movement.

4. DANNY

DANNY Songster

Mar 27, 2009
    GAINESVILLE, GEORGIA
    Sounds like too cool temperature. You should be seeing some action. I don't understand day 20-24.

5. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    Maine
    Quote:it's a staggered hatch

6. Quote:Last time I candled it was really hard to see anything because the whole egg was dark with chick. I could see the veins a little bit and everything seemed good there.

The temp has been about 99-100 (I have an LG still air.)

7. countrybum

countrybum Songster

Sep 15, 2008
    area pop. 96
    Well I am with you and just have patience. My babies are due on the 14th and over night, my temp went from 100.5 to 104. You can believe I grabbed a couple and checked. Still movement, but not as much as there originally was: so I am a nervous wreck right with you.

Sending hatching vibes and prayers to the chicken God your way.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Thanks for the hatch vibes.

I hope all goes well with you too! My temps have been kind of scattered today but haven't really gone up too much.

I am so nervous right now. I don't know if I can handle another bad hatch. [​IMG]

9. roche477

roche477 Songster

May 15, 2009
    Malvern, Arkansas
    Quote:Last time I candled it was really hard to see anything because the whole egg was dark with chick. I could see the veins a little bit and everything seemed good there.

Your temp with a still air should be around 102. Your hatch might be delayed a bit.

10. Quote:Last time I candled it was really hard to see anything because the whole egg was dark with chick. I could see the veins a little bit and everything seemed good there.

Your temp with a still air should be around 102. Your hatch might be delayed a bit.

Thank you. I turned it up a little bit so we will see what happens. How long do you think the hatch may have been delayed?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: