Day 20 and we HAVE BABIES!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Lanissa86, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Well Today is Day 17 On Speckledhen's and Shortcakes Eggs! [​IMG]

Let me tell you Cyn, your BR Eggs are Rocking away! Eager little buggers just can't wait to get out!

Out of 28 Eggs I am down to 16 in the bator which look "Good".

Your Blue Orp Eggs never developed though Cyn.. that made me a little sad, after viewing your birds these past couple weeks I was hoping for atleast one.

Maybe next time though. I will be hatching again in Spring to build my "Ideal" backyard flock! [​IMG] Lets Cross fingers now and Hope I can get all 16 to hatch! [​IMG] THAT would be a Miracle for sure since the PO did a number on them... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

COME ON BABIES!!! I AM trying to be PATIENT!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 17, 2008
  2. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Good luck with your hatch Lanissa! How eggciting! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Jody

3. Lanissa86

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    OMG!! Day 18 and 2 Delaware Eggs have tiny pips and I can Hear the Chickies chirping!!!! [​IMG]: [​IMG] I am just amazed at the fact I may get Delawares! The PO did such a number on Shortcakes Eggs and these had hairline cracks that I coated with Wax! WOW! I did not think it would work but so far so good! [​IMG]

Cyn your Barred Rock babies are still rocking! Amanda's Egg seems to rock the hardest, that is one strong chick in there!

I will keep everyone posted! I am going to go glue my nose to the bator and tie my hands behind my back to keep me from opening the bator for the next few days! [​IMG]

4. LocoPollo

LocoPollo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2008
    Ellijay, GA
    Congrats!! That is sooo exciting!

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Awesome, Lanissa! We'll try again on the Blue Orp eggs in the spring if you like. Not sure how many of those I sent you, but I think it was just a couple or three, right?

6. steffpeck

steffpeck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Erda, UT
    You are right about Cyn's BR eggs!! Today is day 21 and I have 2 that have hatched and 3 more pipped. Good Luck on your hatch, I can't wait to see your babies!!

7. Lanissa86

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Aww! Congrats to you Steffpeck! I would like to see pics of your babies as well!

Cyn, you sent 2, I think they might have gotten jostled too much by the PO. [​IMG] But yes, Spring we will try again!

8. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Good luck Lanissa! Hope you get a great hatch! You know I'm partial to those Delawares though! [​IMG] My eggs from shortcake1806 got handled very roughly as well, but I did manage to hatch 3. So best of luck to you...I'll be watching and waiting for pics! [​IMG]

9. Lanissa86

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Ok, one Delaware Egg pipped last night on the wrong end! It looks like it is trying to zip up one side of the Egg. Haven't seen movement from it in one hour.. I am feeling a little discouraged that the baby will make it out.. [​IMG]

On a lighter note, one of Hannah's BR Eggs has pipped nicely. [​IMG]

10. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

Hang in there Lanissa. What's meant to be will be. I don't have any experience with pipping at the wrong end, so all I can offer are my prayers. Good luck! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by