Day 20: Cracked egg

Hatch??

caf.gif

No Hatch :( I don't think it will make it. It looks like I can see a bit of the beak but I can't be sure. There has been no movement in 24 hours :(

I have a second pip though.

I didn't expect this to be so heart breaking...

Sorry you are having a rough time :hugs If this egg does not hatch I'm afraid it's all part of the incubation process. Not everyone makes it, incubating is a real roller coaster of so many emotion all rolled into one, the good and the bad I'm afraid.

Try to look on the bright side you have a second pip :celebrate
Good luck with this egg :fl And hope you have some more pips soon.

I have one that has pipped!! And it keeps rocking against the egg shell! Do I help? It's chirping away like crazy but doesn't seem to be making any progress!

The chirping like crazy is good! Means you have a lively little guy. Let him go on his own. Better for the little chick. They need the exercise of breaking out of the egg to make them strong.

Ahhh!!! :D I am absolutely thrilled!!! But what next? I have more pips but this little guy is chirping like crazy! And so much more active than I have read it would be!? Is this a good thing?

Yes! It seems the chirping of the already hatched chicks lends encouragement to the ones still to hatch. I have seen them start pipping like mad with all the excitement around them

Thanks for all of your help BenHogan! My only problem now is the my humidity is to high. After my first chick was born it just kept rising (currently at 85%) I'm having a hard time sleeping (currently 1:30am) because I'm worried that something will happen. None of my other pipped eggs have made it out yet. Could it be because of te humidity? My one chick seems to be okay, very vocal and moving around a lot.

Would love some help and guidance tonight! Thank you in advance!!

Back
Top Bottom