Day 20 lockdown. No external pips.

vault6.jpg

I noticed the ones that have piped are pipping from the non "S" side of the eggs. I put an "S" on one side of the eggs. I think after the biddies ran rampant in the incubator, they flipped them around. The remaining eggs 2 are pipping but not really making progress and the other 3 and chirping but I don't see an external pip. Could the chicks rolling the eggs over messed up the whole process now? :(

I noticed the ones that have piped are pipping from the non "S" side of the eggs. I put an "S" on one side of the eggs. I think after the biddies ran rampant in the incubator, they flipped them around. The remaining eggs 2 are pipping but not really making progress and the other 3 and chirping but I don't see an external pip. Could the chicks rolling the eggs over messed up the whole process now? :(
Yes, unfortunately it can. Could you take some pics of which side they’re pipping just so we can get an idea? How much progress are they making?

They are breathing and I read to dab coconut oil on the exposed part of the membrane. So I did that real quick. I figure if they are going to take awhile, they may need extra help keeping that membrane soft. Hope that is right. Going to try and not look at them for an hour or two.... probably will in a half hour though. I will give it a rest and then go for a pic.

Back
Top Bottom