Day 20 lockdown. No external pips.

UPDATE... My silkie egg just hatched and another one is finally pipping. I will be putting a dab of iodine on navel stumps when they come out of the incubator for now on though. I have a bright yellow chick. Not sure if I see spots or if it is an all white biddy, I am just happy at the moment I have another chick. I WILL be putting a dab of iodine on a Qtip and putting it on the naval stump when they come out of the brooder for now on (just like we do for horses, I don't know why I didn't think to do it)..

UPDATE... My silkie egg just hatched and another one is finally pipping. I will be putting a dab of iodine on navel stumps when they come out of the incubator for now on though. I have a bright yellow chick. Not sure if I see spots or if it is an all white biddy, I am just happy at the moment I have another chick. I WILL be putting a dab of iodine on a Qtip and putting it on the naval stump when they come out of the brooder for now on (just like we do for horses, I don't know why I didn't think to do it)..
Yay! Congratulations! The patience did pay off! The silkies were just a bit late at hatching, that’s completely normal. Sorry about the other chick that passed :hitCould you take some photos of the chicks later once the last one has hatched? We all love chicks! :jumpy

Back
Top Bottom