Day 20: PIPS GALORE!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by herechickchick, May 7, 2008.

1. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    Day 20 for my Ameraucana super hatch and I have lots of babies so far and many more on the way. I am so happy because I was sick for most of the incubation time so there was no candling and hardly and temperature monitoring so needless to say I was preparing myself for a bad hatch!

I will post pics soon! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Sorry to hear you've been sick but it's proof that the less we mess with them the better off they are!!

Congrats on your hatch!!

3. herechickchick

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    I agree completely. I will stay away from now on, I seem to do better that way.

4. swiftfoot

swiftfoot Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 23, 2007
    Blountville , TN
    congrats [​IMG]

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Glad you're feeling better now and hopefully, you'll have a wonderful hatch.

6. herechickchick

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    Thanks Cynthia, they are still coming. More every time I go into the room to check. My little basket that I keep them in the first day or 2 is filling up fast! I may need to get another. I have Blues, Blacks, and Buffs so far! Jean (pips&peeps) these are your buff babies and the rest are from Paul and Angela Smith.

Last edited: May 8, 2008
  7. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    Yay! [​IMG]

8. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Good Luck. I am on day 18 with my chicken eggs.

9. herechickchick

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    So today is Day 22 and there has been no activity since late day 20. Well last night I cleaned out the incubator that had most of the activity. As I was cleaning up I picked up an egg that had a little beak sticking out and I thought it was dead and then it peeped. Well this Chickie had been in to long so I popped it out of the egg and put it in the other incubator to rest. So I get up this morning and he/she is running all over the incubator just peeping away. So I took the lid off and picked it up and put it in the basket with the others, then I noticed a brand new pip on an egg in the second incubator. Now only one chick hatched out of this batch so I thought the rest were duds but I was wrong so hopefully I will have another baby when I get home today!

I will post photos soon.

10. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Well, this is one of your best hatches to date! Congrats.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by