DAY 20 Power outage

Can't get a pic but the membrane is white. Still unresponsive, but if they typically rest before hatching I guess that's normal? Don't have exact humidity reading, that's something I need to invest in in the future, my incubator has certain grooves in the pan and the manual tells me when to fill which ones. Next time I'd like some more concrete information to go by.

Any more chick activity?

Day 22 just an hour ago, they were rocking early day 21 and peeping but then went silent with no visible external pip

Well, I would give them another day since this one just pipped and zipping. But you have to get out of there don't you? During my last hatch, I had two that stopped peeking and rocking, neither of them ended up hatching :( but that doesnt mean yours won't hatch...

Well, I would give them another day since this one just pipped and zipping. But you have to get out of there don't you? During my last hatch, I had two that stopped peeking and rocking, neither of them ended up hatching :( but that doesnt mean yours won't hatch...
I can stay another day, maybe two. The chick looks fine but has a tiny bit of unabsorbed yolk still

Yay! Congrats! I would leave them in, their chances are still pretty high I would say. Can you make a safety hole?

Back
Top Bottom