Day 21 1st hatch !!!! Float test HELP !!!

Well my eggs are also on a paper towel that is on chicken wire, the three eggs didn't wiggle in the float test when i showed my daughter later on that day, only one did, but i read that some don't move (in the float test) and still hatch. I really hope this is my case. Or i will have to learn with defeat....Did anybody ever hatch an egg that didn't wiggle in the float test ? Maybe i should asked that question on the float test page... Oh god, i'm like Yack yack yack ......sorry
duc.gif

I looked at him and though "Howard".  I know, but it popped into my head.  He's adorable.

I like Howard! :)

Well my eggs are also on a paper towel that is on chicken wire, the three eggs didn't wiggle in the float test when i showed my daughter later on that day, only one did, but i read that some don't move (in the float test) and still hatch. I really hope this is my case. Or i will have to learn with defeat....Did anybody ever hatch an egg that didn't wiggle in the float test ? Maybe i should asked that question on the float test page... Oh god, i'm like Yack yack yack ......sorry :duc
I don't float test. I candle on day 18 and go from there.

Oh fudge, First is really hard. I didn't sleep for 3 days. But to me each one is still nerve wracking, I love my little fuzzy so much I want all of them to pop out at the same time so I don't have to worry about the slower ones. It is hard but just keep it closed and watch.

I did it on some end of day 22 eggs and they were sinkers. Well, went to toss them and they peeped in my hand. :( Thank the Lord they were both ok and doing well now at 3 weeks. I will never use it again and will do an eggtopsy from now on. :(

Like I said earlier, it's day 21 for me too.Set the eggs exactly 3 weeks ago. Same time of day too. I have one out and 2 pips. I have either 7 or 8 eggs in there. I hope all will hatch :fl

I'm on day 21 as well and have two pips, but one is at the wrong end... so we'll have to see how that goes. I'll keep you company as I watch the election results!

From what I've read, I definitely don't trust the float test, so I just never bother with it. It seems a bit risky, and the results aren't always 100%.

Try not to stress too much! My first hatch I actually had eggs hatch on day 24 and 25 (my temp was obviously a bit too low) but the chicks did fine. So I tend to wait until day 25/26 before I empty out my bator unless anything is smelling or oozing.

Fingers crossed that we have a good hatch tonight! My eggs were shipped, and were handled really poorly. Out of 18 eggs all but 8 were broken, and now I've got 5 in lockdown. So those 5 have turned out to be very expensive! I'm hoping they all hatch.

Keep me updated!

I'm on day 21 as well and have two pips, but one is at the wrong end... so we'll have to see how that goes. I'll keep you company as I watch the election results!

From what I've read, I definitely don't trust the float test, so I just never bother with it. It seems a bit risky, and the results aren't always 100%.

Try not to stress too much! My first hatch I actually had eggs hatch on day 24 and 25 (my temp was obviously a bit too low) but the chicks did fine. So I tend to wait until day 25/26 before I empty out my bator unless anything is smelling or oozing.

Fingers crossed that we have a good hatch tonight! My eggs were shipped, and were handled really poorly. Out of 18 eggs all but 8 were broken, and now I've got 5 in lockdown. So those 5 have turned out to be very expensive! I'm hoping they all hatch.

Keep me updated!
I have a lot of late hatches too. I moved my incubator from the basement to the dining room upstairs and my days are more precise. I was 3 days late on the last hatch!

What do you have hatching?

I'm trying a new room this time around too, and I'm getting closer. I think technically my day 21 just ended around 7:00 tonight, so I'm already on day 22 and just have a couple of pips. I've never actually had a chick hatch on day 21
hu.gif
Maybe someday!

I'm trying to hatch out my first Silver Laced Wyandottes. I had a heck of a time finding somebody with high quality birds that still had eggs to ship this time of year, so I was so sad to see so many broken when they arrived. I would like to start a flock of SLW so I have a lot riding on these 5 little eggs!

What is everybody else hatching?? How many hatches do you have under your belt?

I just noticed you were up in Canada. I'm glad I'm not the only crazy person hatching in November up north. I'm going to have chicks in my dining room all winter!

Back
Top Bottom