Day 21, 4 eggs have pipped. have questions??? Please help!

mschristyf

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 14, 2011
Washington
Today is day 21 of my hatch and I have 4 out of 22 eggs pipped today. I am concerned for them, they have been pipped for a good while now. They are still chirping from what I can tell, I have not opened the incubator to check. I dont want to loose humidity. Can some one please tell me how long it takes for a lil chick to fully hatch?

It can take 24 hours....Please dont open the bator, i made the mistake of doing that just to refill water and every chick thathad pipped got shrink wrapped. I interveneved and hatched them out and they are fine but its so stressful and they could be lost.

most of my chicks take about 12 hours before they start zipping. Give them time. I know its hard but thy know when to come out.

Oh and welcome to
welcome-byc.gif

A long time....relax. Read on a good book.

My first one pipped at 6pm and did not zip and hatch until 11am.

So, relax. It is exciting and hard not to get anxious. I have been saying this for three days now.....eggs hatched for millions of years without our help....let them do what they do....and you just watch!

(I have been exactly where you are right now....and it was only three days ago!)

Back
Top Bottom