Day 21 and I opened to fill water

MommyTwiggy

Songster
Apr 16, 2019
Malaysia
So it's Day 21 and the incubator was beeping as it was drying out so I opened it for a mere few seconds to fill water. After closing the lid off, then only i realised that one of the eggs had a tiny pip in it! A little one has made its first crack!
So now i'm freaking out because i opened the incubator * cries *

I have seven eggs in there. Did i just ruin all their chances of hatching?? Heeellppp

I'll second that. I open my incu all the time when there's pips, to remove hatched chicks, add water, remove shells. It'll be fine. Especially with only a small crack of a pip. I've actually taken pipped eggs out that were malpositions to check to see if they needed help, and still had them hatch on their own.

And thank YOU for this too! First chick juuuust hatched!! And i was debating like crazy with myself because it was flopping dangerously towards a water pot (ive really gotta do better next time) so in the end i opened to close the water hole and not risk having that first chick drown. Here's hoping and praying that the rest are ok and will have hatched by tomorrow!
IMG20191215192259.jpg

Here's pic of the first hatchling! Still all wet and gooey hahaha

And thank YOU for this too! First chick juuuust hatched!! And i was debating like crazy with myself because it was flopping dangerously towards a water pot (ive really gotta do better next time) so in the end i opened to close the water hole and not risk having that first chick drown. Here's hoping and praying that the rest are ok and will have hatched by tomorrow!View attachment 1981708
Here's pic of the first hatchling! Still all wet and gooey hahaha
Awww a little yellow one. :) all my babies end up some shade of black.

Back
Top Bottom