Day 21 and nothing happening so far, now what??? new news pg 3

chick_newbie

Songster
11 Years
Jun 15, 2008
South Dakota
I set my eggs on the morning of July 9th and so far I don't even see any movement let alone a pip or zip. When candled on day 14 or 15, I thought that there was something in about 3 of 7 eggs. We just don't know what to do. We are talking to them whenever we are in the same room to try and encourage them to hatch.

Any suggestions???

Last edited:
Hang tight! There are a lot of factors that could cause them to hatch a little late. Some of those factors could be the humidity levels, temperature through the incubation period, and the type of eggs that you set. I've seen where people have had chicks hatch all the way through day 25, so don't give up hope yet and don't open that bator!
smile.png

I forgot to mention that the eggs are ameracauna. We thought about candling again, but that would require opening the bator. Thanks grumpsgirl for your help! Sometimes I think that we all just need a little encouragement.
smile.png

Hang in there! I had some late hatchers and went to throw them out and the egg went to peeping like crazy at me! Needless to say I went and put it back in the bator and today it is a sweet little baby!

Nothing happened last night. I can't believe that I couldn't get at least one of these little babies to hatch. I don't see any movement or hear any pips. The temps have been very good all through the incubation and I got the humidity up for the hatch but nothing. I don't know what to do next. Wait longer??? Oh yeah, the kids and I have even been talking to them whenever we use the bathroom. Thought about playing some music or anything at this point.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom