day 21 and nothing happning

robertsch

Hatching
8 Years
Apr 6, 2011
i have an artificial bater working on a few eggs trying it out for the first time before i go and try to hatch on a large scale but is is day 21 and nothing is happening they have seemed to candle vary well but nothing is happening i have cept the heat at 99.5 did i do something wrong or should i give it more time??????

Never consider a hatch unsuccessful until the end of day 25. Periods of lower temps can delay hatches. Some here have reported hatches as late as day 26 and 27. Don't open the bator and go watch a good movie.
wink.png

Good luck!
fl.gif

...and
welcome-byc.gif

Last edited:
What is your humidity? If it's low that "could" cause a delay. I have 2 chicken eggs in bator & hatch day was Wednesday 13th & so far there are NO pips but the eggs had been moving around. My temp is 99 & humidity is 78-79, it's been very steady/holding. }}}Hoping they will hatch soon also. Good luck with your hatch, ~Julie~

What kind of incubator? Does it have a fan? If not then it's likely a still air incubator and needs a slightly higher temperature, which could account for a delay in hatching.

Happy hatching! I hope all turns out well!

forced air bator so what should the humidity be at and how should the eggs be sitting in the bator

Listen to this site they know what they are talking about. I am a rookie at this. It is offically Day 23 and I just had two hatch and two pip. I am going to leave mine over the weekend and try to get the last three to hatch. can't hurt... BUMP the HUMIDITY UP!

As silly as it sounds I played a hen and her baby chicks chirping on top of my bator. That really started the action. They started pipping big time and wanting out when they heard the chicks on the recording hatching.

Read the instructions that came with you incubator and go with that "lock down" humidity if you can not find someone who has experience with the exact bator you have. Very high humidity is not a good thing.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom