Day 21 and nothing hatching

Oh wait sorry I just realised you meant that it had already hatched! No the chick shouldn’t disturb the egg, sometimes it helps it’s friend, by pipping but usually it will just sleep for a while!

Ok

Thanks

Yes, I'll be camping out by the incubator and trying to stop myself from helping it out! 😬😬

What is the best thing to do now to ensure that it hatches?

To be honest, there isn’t really much you can do! If you just make sure the humidity is at about 70% so the membrane doesn’t dry. Then all you have to do is be excited!! Good luck!

Has hatched!!

There's a small amount of yolk attached and it is dragging the egg around after it.

What should I do about this?

This situation is more common then u might think, firstly he needs to get some sort of sugar water in him because he hasn’t gained the nutrients from the entire yolk. I’m not sure what will happen with the remaining yolk but I have read that it can re absorb. Whatever you do DO NOT CUT IT. This chick will die if it is cut because it has so many blood vessels in the yolk. It should just re absorb, or fall off. Do you have any photos? Good luck

Ok

It's not attached to the egg any more and seems to be healthy and happy

It's cheeping and moving around the Bator as all the rest of them have done.

That’s great. Congratulations 🥳. It should be okay and figure itself out but just be cautious of not allowing the other chicks to peck the yolk or anything. 🤣

Back
Top Bottom