day 21 and still no chicks??

bald k9

Songster
10 Years
Sep 5, 2009
Rural Edwardsville
I tried to incubate on set of eggs, and i got nothing, however the temps and humidity were spot on, 3 turns aday etc,,this batch of eggs ,i actually candled every 3 or 4 days and saw development and proper progress of the embryo, spot on tempshumidity etc, today is day 21 and nothing yet, i have not opened the bator ,the humidity and temps have been steady, should i wait or just throw them out?

Definitely don't throw them out!! You saw them growing so hopefully all is well. I have heard of chicks hatching on day 25. Very common to go 22 days, especially if the temp is a degree low or so. Thermometers can be off too.... Hope you hear some cheeps soon!
jumpy.gif

Wait for them.

If the eggs were fertile you shoulod get chicks.

It is possible the thermometer is a tad off, so the hatch will be delayed.

Some breeds seem to take a bit longer as well, Marans always seem a day or two late around here.

Good luck.

Quote:
I have 3 thermostats on this batch and they are at 3 levels top bottom middle, and It is also a Brower 846 incubator if that helps I will just wait it out and see

Quote:
I have 3 thermostats on this batch and they are at 3 levels top bottom middle, and It is also a Brower 846 incubator if that helps I will just wait it out and see

Sounds like you've done your part well!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom