day 21 and still no chicks??

Quote:
Could it be that you are handling them too much?

No I only opened it 3 times a day and just kinda rolled them X to O then made sure the big end is up etc, and when i candled it was the 3rd turn of the day, which was plenty dark to candle right there, so I dont think handling is the issue , maybe i am just getting antsy!

But you said you were candling every 3 to 4 days. I had a lot of issues until Santa brought me a turner. Maybe he will bring you one too! Ask very inexpensive gift and practical. I left my last batch in for 25 days and got nothing either, if that helps. Are they shipped eggs? Did they have to come through Cincinnati, Ohio postal sort, if so, there you have it. They are horrible (nothing against postal sort areas but twice I've had crushed and mangled boxes) Good Luck
Michele

Quote:
I will pm you my address for a turner for an early xmas present LOL!!! the eggs I got from a lady down the road she gave me a dozen of different eggs, so they didnt have to travel far! PS, what ohio post office are you talking about, I just ordered 15 day old chicks from a hatchery in ohio, ?will the box get squished?

Probably not, I haven't had any problems with chicks. Just eggs, Its not a post office just a hub where they sort packages for final destination. Where did you order your chicks from?

It is so good to see that someone has good luck at shipped eggs. I myself just like giving the money away for the chance of getting at least one. And if I get more I'm dancing in the yard
wee.gif

Quote:
I got my first batch of chickens from them, that was before I knew Meyer was down the road, no more shipping.

Sounds like you are doing fine on this. I refuse to give up for at least a week past the expected hatch date. Good thing too or I would have had 11 broilers instead of 12.

Back
Top Bottom