Day 21 ! Help !

Newtothis2022

In the Brooder
Oct 21, 2022
My egg hasn’t popped yet. In incubator. I have chirp noise playing. We are half way through day 21. I’m worried. When i candled on day 17 - it was full moving and some veins. I’m nervous. What should I do ? The other eggs didn’t make it passed day 14 ( 2 of them )

This egg started on October 1st. Great movement the entire time- I had rotated them. I went into incubator lock down on day 18 only. lifting slightly for a moment at a time to add warm water to keep humidity up. When I candled on day 17 the chick was active and seemed happily growing
Day 21 is tomorrow if it's not running a bit low. The first day starts after 24 hours.

I just candled it , there is a big air sac, and I think I can see where a beak is in the air sac ( pointed into it) but I dont see any movement. I am so worried. I want this baby to make it so badly.

My egg hasn’t popped yet. In incubator. I have chirp noise playing. We are half way through day 21. I’m worried. When i candled on day 17 - it was full moving and some veins. I’m nervous. What should I do ? The other eggs didn’t make it passed day 14 ( 2 of them )
Don't do anything yet. Chicks will follow their own schedule, no matter how much we want them on time. Other factors matter too, such as temps being a little cool. That can cause them to come late.
Have you calibrated your thermometer?

Hatching is a process, not just a "pop". It isnt something you should ever rush. First the chick will internally pip, starting to breathe, then they will externally pip, breaking the shell. Then they will zip around, making a line of pips all around the egg, and THEN they will push and break out of the egg. It can take a day or two. Thats normal. What stage is yours at? Do you know if its internally or externally pipped?

I just candled it , there is a big air sac, and I think I can see where a beak is in the air sac ( pointed into it) but I dont see any movement. I am so worried. I want this baby to make it so badly.
No movement at all? Can you get a photo of the egg being candled so I can see the beak in the air cell? This is important. As this may be an internal pip, talk to it and watch closely for movement, listen for chirps.

No movement at all? Can you get a photo of the egg being candled so I can see the beak in the air cell? This is important. As this may be an internal pip, talk to it and watch closely for movement, listen for chirps.
I think that mean internally pipped? But I dont see any movement. poor baby ... Im worried for them. I know I shouldn't be so attached. But I want them to survive so badly. This has been an amazing therapy in ways for my family. To watch life grow in such a sweet way. I am using my neighbors foam incubator that she uses for her class hatchings.

Attachments

• tempImageUUyb31.png
    tempImageUUyb31.png
    3 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_BF46A5787EB8-1.jpeg
    IMG_BF46A5787EB8-1.jpeg
    592.2 KB · Views: 27
Is it calibrated? Does it turn the eggs automatically or do you hand turn them? What day did you start?
This egg started on October 1st. Great movement the entire time- I had rotated them. I went into incubator lock down on day 18 only. lifting slightly for a moment at a time to add warm water to keep humidity up. When I candled on day 17 the chick was active and seemed happily growing

Back
Top Bottom