Day 21 no pips yet...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by dwdoc, Mar 3, 2011.

1. dwdoc

dwdoc Songster

Dec 13, 2010
    Seffner, Florida
    Its day 21 and I have no pips yet (I know for a fact all five were viable yesterday).... Does staring at them help?

2. kfchickenlady

kfchickenlady Songster

Apr 28, 2010
    N.Calif.
    I sure hope so, in that case the rest of my eggs would all hatch today, day 20!!!! I have one chick out at day 19, then a pip, now today no change. [​IMG] I think it just takes as long as its going to take, [​IMG] good luck to you!

3. pharmchickrnmom

pharmchickrnmom Songster

Apr 13, 2010
    I am feeling your pain! I am on day 20 and no pips yet! [​IMG] Staring doesnt help as thats all I have been doing for the last two days! [​IMG] I guess we'll just keep waiting. [​IMG] My hair will be completely gray by the time they hatch. I hope thats soon. [​IMG]

4. minifarmerct

minifarmerct In the Brooder

Feb 26, 2011
    Hopfully you will have pips soon. In my case yesterday was day 18 and in the morning I added as much water as I
    could and lockdown 6 hours later 3 pips out of 14 eggs. the pips on 2 eggs were not into the air pocket and it appears that they didn't make it because the third
    hatched over night and the others haven't changer. Also no other pips yet hopfully the chicks are getting into better position
    Don

5. smchickfarm

smchickfarm Songster

Mar 9, 2010
    Waynesville,OH
    Quote:I know from last week that staring does not help ! [​IMG] Sending happy hatching vibes to you!!!

6. Komaki

Komaki Chirping

Feb 10, 2011
    Um staying up all night helps. Really. I have one out @ 7:40 this morning, and one taking a break. I think it's a union thing.[​IMG][​IMG]:weee:clap

7. sheila3935

sheila3935 Songster

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    My last hatch didnt pip til day 22 I think my temp may have been a little low. My first hatch last one hatched on day 25. Give them awhile the first always takes the longest then they are like popcorn.

8. dandelionheart

dandelionheart Songster

Sep 15, 2010
    Lafayette, Indiana
    [​IMG] Good luck guys. Pretty sure they will hatch when you actually aren't looking. [​IMG] So maybe you should take a walk or keep busy somewhere else. You may just come back to them all out! [​IMG]

9. dwdoc

dwdoc Songster

Dec 13, 2010
    Seffner, Florida
    Quote:Too Funny!

10. dwdoc

dwdoc Songster

Dec 13, 2010
    Seffner, Florida
    Thank you all for the warm thoughts and well wishes...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: