Day 21 no signs of hatching

brendadiane24

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 11, 2014
Hey all. First time incubating eggs. We are at day 21 and no signs of anything happening. I haven't opened the incubator since day 18 when I candled last. Will post pics....does the embryo look okay? Temp has been steady at 99.5 and humidity raised to 70% since day 18. I'm in Texas where just four days ago we had a seventy degree Christmas and today there's light ice outside lol does that factor at all? I only have one polish egg incubating. Any help or advise is greatly appreciated.

Your egg, to me, doesn't look full enough to be full term. At this point, the entire egg should be dark except the air cell (it looks like you've still got a bit of clear fluid on the bottom, pointy part of your egg) and the air cell should be drawn down on the side of the egg to prepare for hatch. If temps inside your house have been steady, the changing weather outside shouldn't make much of a difference.

Is your incubator still or forced air?

Last edited:
Even at day 18, the egg should be full.
And, theres the issue. You should be running your still air at about 101.5F (even though the instructions say 99.5, disregard them) to make up for cool spots in the incubator. I'd leave it in, and see if it hatches late.

Back
Top Bottom