Day 21 of Incubation

MissDeBoer

In the Brooder
Jun 14, 2022
Hello everyone,
I am a Grade 2 Teacher incubating some chicks for the first time with my class.
This morning when I came to school (around 7) I noticed some cracks in some of the eggs.
I was very excited!
Soon after I saw a little beak peaking out of one of the eggs.
Now its been 9 hours and nothing has progressed.
Is this normal? I feel very anxious!

Hello everyone,
I am a Grade 2 Teacher incubating some chicks for the first time with my class.
This morning when I came to school (around 7) I noticed some cracks in some of the eggs.
I was very excited!
Soon after I saw a little beak peaking out of one of the eggs.
Now its been 9 hours and nothing has progressed.
Is this normal? I feel very anxious!
Yes it is!!! They can take up to 24 hours to hatch!

I’m not a super experienced hatcher, but in the eggs that I have hatched, it’s pretty normal for them to not make progress for a while after the first pip. Mine have gone well over 9 hours after the first little cracks to hatch. Don’t worry! Give them time, I think most people say the 24 hour mark is when you should start to worry a bit.

I’m not a super experienced hatcher, but in the eggs that I have hatched, it’s pretty normal for them to not make progress for a while after the first pip. Mine have gone well over 9 hours after the first little cracks to hatch. Don’t worry! Give them time, I think most people say the 24 hour mark is when you should start to worry a bit.
Maybe I need to sleep at school overnight lol

Update! There are at least 6 chicks hatched. Its hard to tell as they keep moving and the cover of my incubator is dark.
How long do I give them until I can take them out?
There are still 3 or 4 unhatched eggs.

Congratulations!!!!🤗
Depending on how long ago they hatched, and if they are dry...you can very quickly remove them, and place them in the brooder, try to be as careful but as quickly, so your not changing the humidity.
Post pictures 😀 and keep us updated.

Back
Top Bottom