day 21 silkie chicks incubator, chirp but no pip

annie8233

In the Brooder
Jan 25, 2024
we are on day 21 with my silkies in the incubator, all 7 were alive when we went into lock down and this is my first DRY hatch. I hear chirping but no pipping, how long do I wait to worry about them losing air. I helped another batch and one lived and the other died. The one that died didnt look like it had absorbed the yolk so i think if i would have left that one it would have lived :( but the other needed help...how long do i wait to help or check? I dont want then to run out of air but then i also dont want to hurt them,.....help please.... thanks for any input :)

we are on day 21 with my silkies in the incubator, all 7 were alive when we went into lock down and this is my first DRY hatch. I hear chirping but no pipping, how long do I wait to worry about them losing air. I helped another batch and one lived and the other died. The one that died didnt look like it had absorbed the yolk so i think if i would have left that one it would have lived :( but the other needed help...how long do i wait to help or check? I dont want then to run out of air but then i also dont want to hurt them,.....help please.... thanks for any input :)
What do you mean by dry hatch.

Back
Top Bottom