Day 21 (since around 5pm) 25 eggs.....Update - pictures on page 2

4boysmom

Songster
12 Years
Jun 12, 2007
I think 2 are clear
1 I thought might be a quitter has pipped - so glad I didn't toss! Since I wasn't positive, I waited...YEA!!!!
woot.gif

Total pipped so far - 11:clap
Total hatched - 1
jumpy.gif

YEA!!!!
lol.png
wee.gif

There are 8 faverolles from pasifinofarm - all 8 developed!

There are 14 Welsummer from AussieSharon - couldn't see in 2 they were so dark, but the others all developed - so possibly 100% development here too.

3 mutts from my pen - 2 were clear, which I couldn't believe since we "were" well stocked with roosters - all except 2 have gone into Chicken Pot Pies.... 1 developed - should be interesting to see what develops! It is a mixed up mess. It appears to be a bantam faverolle mixed with something (maybe - could be pure ) ...the roos were either a splash showgirl or a black ameraucana!
ya.gif

Last edited:
I set them on Saturday evening so that we would all be home to watch! The boys have been as glued as mommy!

Quote:
Yes - Welsummers from Virginia to NC and the Faverolles from Texas to NC!!!

Now if they all hatch, I'll be thrilled! I really couldn't see in anything when I tried candling a few the 2nd week. The 1st week, I took them in a
REALLY dark closet & could make out the blood vessels pretty well & even saw some movement.

14 are out - I think 2 more are pipped!

5 faverolles - 1 on the way
9 welsummers - 1 on the way

I finally helped the one that pipped 1st - "she" is doing pretty well - some shell stuck to her head - if she can't get it off, I'll dampen it when she's up and around really well.

11 more to go!

Tally

6 Faverolles ( out of 8 )
8 Welsummers (out of 14 )
1 little one on it's way out - this is a little mutt from my pen. it pipped this morning right on time ( I tossed it in a couple days late as a bonus )

pictures to come soon!

Back
Top Bottom