Day 21-STILL No Pips! Maybe some movement?***PICTURES INCLUDED!!!***

77horses

◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊
15 Years
Aug 19, 2008
Maine
Day 21. No pips yet from my single egg.
sad.png
I'm wondering if I should quickly candle it today to see if it is moving, but I am afraid that I shouldn't. What should I do?
Temp. has been pretty steady. sometimes I have had to watch it carefully, making sure it doesn't get too hot/cool. Temp. is now about 99-100 degrees F. and Humidity is great(60-70%)
The egg is expected to be delayed, but how long should it be if it's planned to be delayed? How long should I wait before throwing it out(or should I say, how long should I wait before I SADLY throw out my poor little baby?)
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

I have put sooo much effort and love into caring for the egg. It was the only one out of 4 that made it. The other 3 didn't develop. I have woke up in the night to check the bator temp./hum. and the egg, and I have slept on the couch near the bator to keep guard.
love.gif
Yet has all that hard work come down to this? Doubt and nervousness?
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
This is most likely my only chance until spring to hatch out my very own, first egg, and it was looking great once I knew the egg was fertile around day 14 when i could see the little eye moving and dancing.
wee.gif
Now, I am not so sure....someone please give me some advise. Thank you!
jumpy.gif

and please pray for the little egg.
fl.gif
We(the egg AND me) need all the help we can get.
fl.gif

Last edited:
I have already set up the brooder with a little bed for my fuzzie-to-be and a little stuffed baby chicken that peeps is in the brooder box to keep him/her company...
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

Here's the egg today(day 21) in the bator. The temp./hum. gauges are visible to the left:

14678_chicken_pics_019.jpg

Another picture of the egg from the outside with the hum./temp. gauges:

14678_chicken_pics_017.jpg

Don't open the incubator! Sit on your hands and wait. With my eggs I'm going to wait until monday/tuesday before I give up on the slow ones. It's day 21 for me too. Good luck with your baby!
big_smile.png

Oh great now I am REALLY nervous!!!
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
I DID open the bator a tiny bit only like a crack to take the photo and I took the egg out for literally a minute to candle it!!! BAD BAD BAD ME!!!!
somad.gif
rant.gif
somad.gif
smack.gif
he.gif
he.gif
ARRGGHHH I'M SOO STUPID!!!
barnie.gif
I'm gonna never forgive myself if this egg doesn't hatch because I opened the bator too many times!!!
th.gif
th.gif
hit.gif

It may well still pip and hatch for you, but if it doesnt, please don't beat yourself up about it. Hatching isnt an exact science, all of us throw out eggs that unfortunately didnt hatch. Even Momma Hens don't always hatch all of their own. If it doesnt hatch, it doesnt mean it was anything that you did. Sometimes eggs just don't hatch. Mother Nature seems pretty mean sometimes, but she usually knows best. If it doesnt hatch, try again. We all just keep trying and keep trying. Sooner or later, you will hatch a baby, I promise. It just might not be this one.

Ya, but the problem is, I want to build a better bator if this one doesn't make it, and then try again. But mom says the light bill's going up and she doesn't want me to try hatching again!
sad.png
This could be my only chance....
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom