Day 21 still no pips

mya_975

In the Brooder
Sep 24, 2022
I’m currently hatching road islands and on day 18 when I put them into lockdown they were all good and moving. Early day 19 the smallest egg started to Pip but no other eggs did and by the end of the day it was fully hatched but day 20 there was still no pips and now it’s day 21 so I took the little baby out really fast and kept him with me with a blanket and a heated pad and created a little cave for him to go if he gets cold. He’s now running around and eating and drinking like normal I put him in the brooder with a mirror and a stuffed animal to keep him company I’ve literally been sitting at the brooder with him for hours. How long should I give the unhatched eggs before I check them? Should I just go buy a few chicks to keep the chick company? Did me opening the incubator to get him out hurt the other ones? What should I do. any help would be a life saver ! Thanks.

If they don't hatch out by day 24, assume there all dead. Late hatches comes with problems concerning deformities and poor health. Something to keep in mind.

If they don't hatch out by day 24, assume there all dead. Late hatches comes with problems concerning deformities and poor health. Something to keep in mind.
Just looked in the incubator and saw an egg moving around A LOT so I’m playing chick sounds to entice them :) hoping for the best! I know at least one is alive now!

Can anybody help .
It is day 26 I candled the last two eggs I think I can see movement but it is hard as they take up whole of the egg .
I did the float test and they did what they were spose too .
Pls help what do I do

Back
Top Bottom