Day 21

I wouldn't intervene (by removing any chicks) as long as none are distressed . Give them the 24 hours to dry out and find each other. Their peeping encourages the ones still in the shell.

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Congratulations on the successful hatch, good luck with the rest of the eggs!

thank you everyone for the advice. So far still just the one little chic has hatched. I think I see part of the shell of another one that looks like its been pecked. Unless its just from the hatched chic crawling on it lol. I sure hope another one come soon this poor little one looks so lonely.

Good morning were now at day 22 and I woke up to another chic hatched :) I do see another egg pipping an one that looks as its doing it at the small end. The temp in the incubator has been higher than ever since the first hatched and its reading around 102.2 is that to high for the hatched and unhatched? The one that hatched first runs around in there like crazy and pecks at things. I think it really wants out lol. How much longer should I wait before getting in there to get the hatched ones? is it ok that the one has been hatched almost 24 hours and is still in there?

Back
Top Bottom