Day 22- 3 born and 3 have not pipped HELP!

SilkieJourney06

In the Brooder
May 5, 2021
I am on day 22 of hatching silkies. One chick hatched day 20 and two hatched on day 21. On lockdown day 18, I had checked my 8 eggs and found 6 eggs that were moving and had good air sacs. However, I am getting worried that the other three won't hatch. It is day 22 and there is no pips on the three eggs. I think I hear some chirps but I can't know for sure since the 3 who have hatched are chirping as I try to check the incubator. Any advice on what to do? I don't know whether to check them or how long to wait for them. Any advice is much appreciated

I am on day 22 of hatching silkies. One chick hatched day 20 and two hatched on day 21. On lockdown day 18, I had checked my 8 eggs and found 6 eggs that were moving and had good air sacs. However, I am getting worried that the other three won't hatch. It is day 22 and there is no pips on the three eggs. I think I hear some chirps but I can't know for sure since the 3 who have hatched are chirping as I try to check the incubator. Any advice on what to do? I don't know whether to check them or how long to wait for them. Any advice is much appreciated
Welcome to BYC!
How are your remaining eggs today? Did you candle them for any movement?

In my experience in ideal conditions the eggs will hatch within 24 hours of each other.

When I was a newbie at hatching, I removed any eggs that didn't hatch after about 2 days, and opened them all to see if any were alive. If any are alive and left in the egg to long the chick continues to grow in a crowded condition, and deformaties happen.

My first hatch was not ideal, and I did things wrong, and the incubator didn't work right. I opened all remaining eggs after maybe 2 days (I don't remember how long). I could see some developed deformaties from the crowding, and they had died. One was alive, and perfect!

You may want to open them. If you do, keep the membrane wet with a paper towel with warm water while peeling the shell off.

Welcome to BYC!
How are your remaining eggs today? Did you candle them for any movement?
I still have those three eggs who haven't hatched. I did candle them but I have not been able to see any movement unfortunately. Im going to leave them in the incubator for a while longer just in case since it doesn't hurt.

Back
Top Bottom