day 22 and nothing

susanhai

In the Brooder
12 Years
Apr 2, 2007
middle tn
this evening is day 22 and nothing is happening. I don't see any movement in the egg anymore. Is there any hope still? Would it be too crowded for the chick to move? At what point do I decide that it has died?

Don't give up maybe your temps and humidity were off meaning low...your hatch will be late because of those factors...Did you candle on the eve of day 18?...

thanks, that's what I'm hoping... yes, can't remember now if it was day 17 or 18 but there was definite movement. I quit turning on monday expecting hatch on thursday... I'll wait it out a few more days

Anything happening susanhai? I hope to hear some good news.

Good luck!
smile.png

Don't be too worried, you still have a couple days. Maybe they are just going to be late. I'll be thinking of you and hoping you get some pips real soon
smile.png

I would take one out and candle it and see if you can see any movement, if you can keep going, if not check a couple more and then if you see no movement still, I would start over.

Did you increase your humidity on day 18 when you stopped turning??

I am not sure what the pros would recommend but if it were me, I think I would try quickly taking one out and see if it has pipped the inner membrane. Look for signs of life and see if I can see a beak in the air cell.

It is getting to the point of no return.
sad.png

Candle it, make sure there is no movement. Check every egg. You wouldn't want to waste a good life. Well, if there is no hope after you've checked, perhaps leave them in for 1 more day. Then, perhaps you should start over.
sad.png
BUT, there is still a small chance. Good luck!!!!!
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom