Day 22-Are they Dead?

Thank you all for your encouragement and advice
hugs.gif

A third chick has now pipped, so I am waiting for it to zip. This is so exciting.
If I only get 3 chicks from 17 eggs it is kinda disappointing, but it is my first time and it is a homeade incubator so I guess I cannot expect too much
hmm.png

Congrats on the hatching. I know just how you feel. I am only into day 3 of my incubating. Thank goodness the lady I bought my eggs from is very very patient and wonderful. I have been emailing her with questions. She made me laugh so hard this morning though when she wrote back. It will get easier with experience. She said her first hatch she practically sat them herself. I told I knew exactly how she felt.
Good going and I'm hoping you have more.

Well don't sweat it... you should give the eggs at least 24 more hours anyways. Sometimes with homemade bators its hard to hold temps so great, and I see people who still have hatches going day 24 from slowed development. You should be VERY proud of yourself. Something is better then nothing, that means no matter what, you did something RIGHT!!!!
wink.png

After they get done...or you think they are done....leave them another 24 or 48 hours. I don't toss anymore.....this last hatch I had took 3 days to complete!!! And my temps stayed good the whole hatch, at least everytime I checked them.

Good Luck!!1

I did get a total of 4
jumpy.gif

I left the remainder of the eggs another day and then decided to see what was inside.
3 were never fertilized and the other 10 died at various stages of development, some quite far along.
sad.png

Hopefully the next time will go better, I plan to get a different thermometer and turn the temperature up a bit.

Back
Top Bottom