Day 22 no pips or peeps

I incubate at 99.5. So definitely give more time as they could just be slower due to the slightly cooler air. I usually have hatching humidity at 70% to prevent shrink wrapping.
I'll add a little water through the external fill point my humidity is at 65%. They are still rolling around and only one is peeping

I'll add a little water through the external fill point my humidity is at 65%. They are still rolling around and only one is peeping
Have you considered adding a safety hole on the air cell side? Just a tiny needle/toothpick size hole in the shell so that if they internally pip but can't/don't externally pip they can still breathe.

the rolling action of the egg most likely is the chicken trying to orientate itself to hatch. If peeps are strong and do not sound like they are fading, stabilise the egg. Wait, it could be your temp was just a little low and all is going according to natures plan. It's up to you to judge how strong those peeps sound. Wait if loud and strong. Intervene if weak and low.

Have you considered adding a safety hole on the air cell side? Just a tiny needle/toothpick size hole in the shell so that if they internally pip but can't/don't externally pip they can still breathe.
If there is no external pip when I wake up I might do that

Agree. Sit tight. Go do something else for a couple hours. Read a book, watch a movie, etc. stop obsessing- it’s not time for that yet and will drive you crazy, THIS is the hard part of incubating.

the rolling action of the egg most likely is the chicken trying to orientate itself to hatch. If peeps are strong and do not sound like they are fading, stabilise the egg. Wait, it could be your temp was just a little low and all is going according to natures plan. It's up to you to judge how strong those peeps sound. Wait if loud and strong. Intervene if weak and low.
It was a few good peeps every so often and they sound healthy to me but then again I am a super amateur Hatcher

Back
Top Bottom