Day 22 of bantam incubation.

So, it’s 24hours later....and nothing. The hick that pipped has done nothing more and the membrane where it pipped is now dry. We can’t see any visible signs of breathing or moving and are now pretty downhearted :(
Candling the other two though the incubator and can see chicks beaks in the air sac. One is clearly moving, the other there was no movement. I give up :barnie

Was just reading up about malpositioned chicks. I’m wondering if that’s what happened with our first pipper as the hole was no where near the air sac?

That's horrible though! Have you tried tapping with your fingernail on the shell? Sometimes they do take long breaks and go quite, hopefully that's the case!! :fl I used Vaseline on mines drying membrane!

He didn’t make it unfortunately. It seemed he wasn’t strong enough and the membrane dried around his beak. Looking it up he was deff a malpositioned chick, so pipping externally before internally pipping. I’m so upset, we got so close! There’s still no sign from the other egg, but deffinate chirping coming from one of them. Fingers crossed. He’s our last hope :fl

Attachments

• 025DE63E-A988-40E6-A138-22ACA3323E48.jpeg
    025DE63E-A988-40E6-A138-22ACA3323E48.jpeg
    291.8 KB · Views: 7
Unfortunately, none of them have made it. It was our first try and I think we may have messed up somewhere. We’re so gutted :(
We’re now debating do we do it all again or just look for some hatchlings.

Aw bless your wee cottons. That’s so kind of you!! :love
Unfortunately, we are a wee bit too far from you. I’m in the UK :D

Back
Top Bottom