*Day 22 s Almost over, Can I candle??*

Tripp16

Songster
8 Years
May 26, 2011
North Carolina
Day 22 is almost over and I have no pips. I heard peeping early yesterday morning but then it stopped. Nothing has happened since then.

My friend told me I can pick them up and listen or candle them. Can I ? OR if theyre alive will hurt them?

At 2:30 this afternoon it will be day 23..... So worried and starting to lose hope.
th.gif

Only take them out to cadle if you are SURE there are no pips.
I use a flashlight on mine in the incubator to see very small cracks that I might miss by just looking through the window.

If there is a pip inside you will not be able to see anything but black. The problem would be humidity. When you open the bator during the last three days, you might run into the problem of your pips sticking inside the egg and then they will die. If you have opened the bator after your heard one peeping, this is probably what happened. The humidity level dropped to low. You must keep the bator closed for the last three days and run the humidity around 75%.

Last edited:
Quote:
I did keep it closed. I just realized that 2 had pipped but they look dead.... Im soo upset. I could cry! I kept the humidity up but I guess it wasnt high enough.

Quote:
I did keep it closed. I just realized that 2 had pipped but they look dead.... Im soo upset. I could cry! I kept the humidity up but I guess it wasnt high enough.

Are you positive the babes are dead? I'm praying for you hon!!!!

Quote:

Yes they arent moving and all tht got out was the beak. Im crying like a baby. If only I had opened the bator to help! I have two solid black eggs that still may hatch. I just hope theyre not quitters.
hit.gif

Quote:

Yes they arent moving and all tht got out was the beak. Im crying like a baby. If only I had opened the bator to help! I have two solid black eggs that still may hatch. I just hope theyre not quitters.
hit.gif

I want to hope that their resting...omg this is upsetting me Scarlett!! I agree with 1Muttsfan, there is still hope.

Quote:
hit.gif

I want to hope that their resting...omg this is upsetting me Scarlett!! I agree with 1Muttsfan, there is still hope.

Don't worry about me! I'll cope with this somehow.
hit.gif
Enjoy your little one.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom