Day 23 assisted hatch?

So This is my first hatch in still air incubator. With 8 fertile eggs, we’ve had one hatch. One pipped malpositioned, and didn’t make it. 3 others never pipped, I checked and all were close to hatch but didn’t make it. I have two that are at day 23 and one at day 19 ( we collected at different times, next time I know to keep store them so I can put all eggs in incubator at same time). One of the 23 day old eggs I pipped into the air cell to see if alive still and it is. I followed recommendations to moisten with coconut oil and return to incubator. Humidity is around 75 and temp 99.5. Are these ok parameters? Should i do anything else? Chick is moving and still has veins showing on inner membrane. Please any help is appreciated, I don’t want to lose anymore. Thanks
I am surprised this chick pipped. It looks like it was not ready to hatch yet. In my previous hatches the membranes had no visible blood vessels. It should just be white.

I am surprised this chick pipped. It looks like it was not ready to hatch yet. In my previous hatches the membranes had no visible blood vessels. It should just be white.
It didn’t make it😢 but the other one pipped on its own and was also malpositioned so now it hatched on its own but has a navel hernia. Praying for this little one. This hatching thing is such an emotional rollercoaster.

Back
Top Bottom