Day 23 candling pics, input needed

PalomaNova

Songster
5 Years
Jul 4, 2018
Europe
Hi everyone, can you please help me?
All others hatched day 21-22 with the hen and she abandoned the nest leaving 6 eggs behind. I candled and kept two. I saw veining in one what I thought was probably an egg that I gave one day later because she refused some eggs after day one. Now it's day 23 and I don't know what to do, because candling gives me mixed ideas by now. Any input on candling pics?
IMG_9622.jpeg

IMG_9621.jpeg

Egg one, to me it looks like it died or am I wrong?
IMG_9623.jpeg

IMG_9624.jpeg

Egg two. Yesterday I saw more veining on this one.

What concerned me the most is unequal and rather large air cell in both (more in one that the other)
The incubator runs at 98 f and 75% humidity but no action till now.

I candled my late egg tonight and it looks a lot like your egg. I was really hoping it was going to hatch 🐣. I left it in the incubator again tonight, but I’m pretty sure the it’s too late.

Did yours hatch? Or was it too late too?

I candled my late egg tonight and it looks a lot like your egg. I was really hoping it was going to hatch 🐣. I left it in the incubator again tonight, but I’m pretty sure the it’s too late.

Did yours hatch? Or was it too late too?
Not yet, I'm thinking to make a hole but as I mentioned I think one is supposed to hatch a day or so later so I was hopeful 🙈

My hen abandon two eggs too, one was not developed, but one looks so close. I’ve read that eggs under a broody hen can take longer that incubated eggs. Her other eggs hatched last Friday day 22… so my last egg that I moved to incubator is on day 27.

My hen abandon two eggs too, one was not developed, but one looks so close. I’ve read that eggs under a broody hen can take longer that incubated eggs. Her other eggs hatched last Friday day 22… so my last egg that I moved to incubator is on day 27.
Interesting info, thanks for sharing. I didn't know that.
I'm sceptical that something will come out and holding back to make a hole because last time I had a chick that shrink wrapped because of it, although I assisted and moistured it (the membrane was still too veiny to be pierced).

I do hope to get some feedback on the pics tho

I opened the egg where I've seen feathers and enlarged air spot. The egg tooth was away from the cell and I think it died because it could not break into the air cell. There was a bit yellow liquid from not fully absorbed yolk (quite small amount). Rip...
IMG_9625.jpeg
IMG_9626.jpeg

I think there second one just recently died because the veining was still red and the membrane was very freshly looking. The yolk was almost completely absorbed. If I had opened sooner maybe I would have saved it.View attachment 3575900

You can't know for sure. Maybe this one just wasn't strong enough to make it. I've learned to trust nature on these things.

Back
Top Bottom