Day 23 had an egg pip at 8 and its already hatched but question.

Aflanders

Chirping
Apr 3, 2019
So one of 4 hatched this morning. Yay! But question is, it is pecking 2 of the 3 remaining eggs, is that a good sign for the other 2? It hasnt messed with the other one. TIA

They do that.. I wouldn't worry about it.. Maybe it's just lonely and telling them to hurry up.. My first babies always peck at the other eggs.. No, it doesn't necessarily mean anything if it's ignoring one.

So it's still not fluffed up yet but doing good. Not a great picture but there's the baby!
20200527_161822.jpg

Day 24 and losing hope. One hatched yesterday but 3 eggs still and no signs of pipping and cant tell if there are chirps. Need positive vibes right now. First chick still isnt dry as it is super humid here yesterday and today since it's hot and rainy. Advice or suggestions or even positive story's for encouragement please. TIA

No don't loose hope! There's always hope. I don't know if this is a good idea, but maybe if you make a tiny hole in the top of the air sack so that they have lots of air and not a limited supply it'll be easier for them to hatch? I don't know for sure if that'll work but it might... Also maybe that first egg was just laid earlier than the others? Maybe they're just late, I'm hatching ducklings right now that should have taken 28 days to hatch and are now pipping on day 31. And as for just a happy story, this morning my mama duck "Guinevere" got up off of the nest to take a drink and eat some food, but she forgot to cover up her eggs with her nesting materials to keep them warm. Papa duck "King Arthur" got concerned and sat on the nest for her until she got back. It was so cute and sweet! I hope that cheered you up a bit, I have more happy stories if you need them and I'm sure others on here do too. I think that your babies are going to be just fine. I know that this stuff can be scary and stressful, but in the end it'll all be worth it.

Day 24 and losing hope. One hatched yesterday but 3 eggs still and no signs of pipping and cant tell if there are chirps. Need positive vibes right now. First chick still isnt dry as it is super humid here yesterday and today since it's hot and rainy. Advice or suggestions or even positive story's for encouragement please. TIA
Take a bowl of water make sure the eggs aren’t cracked or you could drown the chick but have the water the same temperature as your egg if your egg goes straight down the pointy side it could be alive you don’t want it to float you want it about 85% about water and if the chick is healthy and alive you can see the egg moving in the water from were your chicks moving it’s very cool but you should try it there’s some videos on YouTube that teach you how to do it as well if I didn’t give a good explanation

Back
Top Bottom