Day 23, last egg still alive but hasn't pipped internally. Any advice?

I have a
If there is no external pip there will be no shrink wrap
He could be in the wrong position
Have you looked under the egg for a pip ? Or check the egg for any bruising in case he is trying to pip outside the air cell
Trying to assist any baby that has not made any sign to hatch themselves is way to risky
I myself would never touch an egg that has not made some kind of attempt
You could open the air cell end and find a yolk sac as baby could be backwards
Did you move your eggs Around the bator as sometimes bators have a cool area and this castes babies to hatch a little later
Similar problem with a quail egg it was moving now day 21 not piped some of the others piped and died as i was at work the humidity went down

I have a

Similar problem with a quail egg it was moving now day 21 not piped some of the others piped and died as i was at work the humidity went down
I’m not familiar at all with quail eggs
I have seen them in stores and seeing a bruise would be difficult
Can you see anything when you candle?
Unfortunately trying to hatch a baby that hasn’t showed any signs of hatching is not something I would do
I’m just helping another member who is on day 34 now with normal duck eggs and it’s close to hatching
Hers are very late but her temp was low during incubation

The humidity going down today is not what is causing this egg to not hatch.
The temperature has to have been too low for too long if they are still alive at day 21.

Let me go back and read from post one. BRB

I have a

I see now that you are posting in another's thread.

Get one or 3 of these:
https://www.amazon.com/Govee-Hygrometer-Thermometer-Temperature-Monitoring/dp/B09LTX95H3

There is no doubt your temp is off.
Your humidity may be way too high too,.
These work perfectly and you can see what your bator is running at constantly...all day long:

Notice the times:
Screenshot_20231012-173921.png

The 2nd one on in bator in a different spot:
Screenshot_20231012-173823.png

I’m not familiar at all with quail eggs
I have seen them in stores and seeing a bruise would be difficult
Can you see anything when you candle?
Unfortunately trying to hatch a baby that hasn’t showed any signs of hatching is not something I would do
I’m just helping another member who is on day 34 now with normal duck eggs and it’s close to hatching
Hers are very late but her temp was low during incubation
Im going to wait till morning do a float test my incubator not great at the moment temp changes to much bout new one lumia 8 ment to be good. Good luck with duck eggs

Im going to wait till morning do a float test my incubator not great at the moment temp changes to much bout new one lumia 8 ment to be good. Good luck with duck eggs
Do not put eggs in water unless you want to make sure the chick dies.
The whole float testing an egg you are incubating is complete nonsense.

Do not put eggs in water unless you want to make sure the chick dies.
The whole float testing an egg you are incubating is complete nonsense.
Iv used it before without harming them. The water has to be the same temperature as the incubator. Only used at last resort after day 20

Back
Top Bottom