day 23, no progress:-(

beneduck14

Songster
Feb 20, 2015
Cattlet, VA
3 eggs left to hatch. Float test=good angle but not rocking. I candled and 2 made internal pip and one didn't. I made a tiny hole in air cell for one of the internal pipped one and he had veins but wasnt moving. I put a damp paper towel over it and put it back. The others i candled and all have veining?

Whats wrong?

beneduck, have you got your Nutri-drench? If they start to pip and you can find a beak, try to slip some into the beak, It will giv them strength to hatch. By now they are big and maybe tired. check your humidity, is it too high? This can be a cause of chicks getting to hatch day and then not hatching. I am not sure what humidity should be at this stage as my incubator does it automatically. Maybe shout out in a new thread with 911 in the title?
Best,
Karen

Last edited:
beneduck, have you got your Nutri-drench?  If they start to pip and you can find a beak, try to slip some into the beak, It will giv them strength to hatch. By now they are big and maybe tired. check your humidity, is it too high? This can be a cause of chicks getting to hatch day and then not hatching. I am not sure what humidity should be at this stage as my incubator does it automatically. Maybe shout out in a new thread with 911 in the title?
 Best,
 Karen

I would need to make a bigger hole in air cell to find the beak. I dont know what to do... i see a lot of veins and dont want to hit one accidentally. My humidity is at 60s but now shot up to 80 for that one egg that i poked.

Can i make nutridrench at home?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom