Day 23 no sign of chicks advice please !!!

annmarie1810

Chirping
Jun 4, 2020
North east England
Could anyone please help, first time hatching & eggs were candled before lockdown began could see movement throughout the 18 days all was going well ... yesterday 1 egg rocked slightly but no sign of any other & day even that is now not moving what so ever .. day 23 today

Has anyone experienced this & stil had there chicks hatch ??

Did Anyone do anything to check there eggs as I have read On the internet not to open incubator at all !!!
Thank you in advance for your help

You should candle them, If none have piped it means they most likely didn’t make it. Some breeds do take longer to hatch but you don’t want to risk the eggs exploding all over you’re incubator.

You should candle them, If none have piped it means they most likely didn’t make it. Some breeds do take longer to hatch but you don’t want to risk the eggs exploding all over you’re incubator.
But I thought you cannot open. The incubator at all why in lockdown due to humidity dropping & that can be dangerous if they are alive ? Xx

When my chicks piped we had to open the incubator because we forgot to take the lines That turn then out they survived. We had to open it again a few days later to candle the eggs they were dead. As long as you don’t open it for to long and take one out close it and so on it should be okay. Keep an eye on the water whilst you’re doing it.

When my chicks piped we had to open the incubator because we forgot to take the lines That turn then out they survived. We had to open it again a few days later to candle the eggs they were dead. As long as you don’t open it for to long and take one out close it and so on it should be okay. Keep an eye on the water whilst you’re doing it.
Thank you very much xx I’m just worried I open it and if they are alive it kills them

Could anyone please help, first time hatching & eggs were candled before lockdown began could see movement throughout the 18 days all was going well ... yesterday 1 egg rocked slightly but no sign of any other & day even that is now not moving what so ever .. day 23 today

Has anyone experienced this & stil had there chicks hatch ??

Did Anyone do anything to check there eggs as I have read On the internet not to open incubator at all !!!
Thank you in advance for your help
I maybe able to help! You said one of the eggs where rocking. Can you hear any of them chirping??

What has your humidity level been?

Did you calibrated at least one thermometer?
Did you salt test a humidity guage?
If not (2 things above) do both before you set eggs again.

Candle a few eggs, in a dark room, and get clear pictures of what you see.

Back
Top Bottom