Day 23... Nothing.

Sigh. This is my third failed hatch.... I think Im going to start trying to hatch eggs from my flock rather than spending so much money on silkie eggs.
hit.gif
barnie.gif

What sort of birds are in your flock? Did you order from the same breeder each time? Did you check for fertility after giving up?

And are you sure your incubator/thermometer/hygrometer are all working correctly? I know I've had better luck since I changed hygrometers.

Quote:
I have an Orpington Rooster over RIR hens.

I have ordered from different breeders every time. I just cracked open one of the eggs... looks as though it died around five days or so, but definately fertile.

I have three thermometers in my incubator. The first two read about a half degree difference, while the third reads a four degree difference...

I have no idea about my hygrometer, but it is brand new.

Which thermometer did you use to adjust your temps, the one that read lower or the one that read higher?? 3-4 degrees too high would certainly have been a problem. What kind of incubator. Don't give up.

aht1;
My bantam eggs are starting to hatch under the hen-- how long does it take for all the eggs that are going to hatch - hatch?
This is day 23.

Looks like I'll be having an egg funeral. I don't plan on opening these last three. I know that they were fertile, and very close to hatching, ten from the same batch *did* hatch, the eggs were collected at the same time, but laid (and kept warm) at different times. But these were due on Friday.

Quote:
At first I was using the one that was 3-4 degrees off, but it was low, not high. Used my LG still air incubator

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom