Day 23 of hatching duck eggs

Ok, I've made the tiniest hole for him, and he let out a squeak as I pulled the tiniest bit of shell and membrane off. I feel less anxious now that I know he has air getting in. Will update again.
Thank you for all your advice.

Great job! You can take a deep breath now that your duckling can as well. I look forward to your updates!!

Got up this morning and he has made 2 of his own cracks, 1 next to my hole and one a little lower. Hoping today, he'll make an appearance. :fl
I just want to add, I love this site. So many positive people, you are all amazing. Not sure how I'd have got this far with out pulling my hair out, without you all. :hugs

Got up this morning and he has made 2 of his own cracks, 1 next to my hole and one a little lower. Hoping today, he'll make an appearance. :fl
I just want to add, I love this site. So many positive people, you are all amazing. Not sure how I'd have got this far with out pulling my hair out, without you all. :hugs

Yay! I can't wait to see pictures! :ya

Silly question which end of the egg do they hatch from?? Is it air cell end or the pointy end?? I know it sounds daft but I was if the opinion that they come out the pointy end, but after watching a video of ducks hatching, it looks like they came out the air cell end!!!

The air cell end is correct!

Back
Top Bottom