Day 23 Pips and no zips

Apr 4, 2020
So I had 8 eggs in my incubator. 1 pipped and hatched on day 21 and I took her out once she fluffed up. Then yesterday day 22 I had 2 more hatch and 1 pip and start to zip for over 24hrs eventually helped that one last night, she's in the incubator exhausted sleeping and no really moving. But I had 3 others pip yesterday along with the hatch. The eggs rolled around with the newly hatched ones and I can't see the pips anymore. No movement or noise out of them today Day 23. Do you think they will hatch or has me opening the incubator to get the other chick out affected it? I have never had issues in the past or had to wait this long for them. they have always just hatched by themselves over 2 days

So I had 8 eggs in my incubator. 1 pipped and hatched on day 21 and I took her out once she fluffed up. Then yesterday day 22 I had 2 more hatch and 1 pip and start to zip for over 24hrs eventually helped that one last night, she's in the incubator exhausted sleeping and no really moving. But I had 3 others pip yesterday along with the hatch. The eggs rolled around with the newly hatched ones and I can't see the pips anymore. No movement or noise out of them today Day 23. Do you think they will hatch or has me opening the incubator to get the other chick out affected it? I have never had issues in the past or had to wait this long for them. they have always just hatched by themselves over 2 day
Maybe try candling the remaining eggs to see if you see movement, if not they're quitters.
Good luck with them.

This is what I've come home to. I can see the beak moving. I have 4 more eggs in there not sure on their progress because I can't see the pip

Attachments

• IMG_20230330_144637.jpg
    IMG_20230330_144637.jpg
    315.3 KB · Views: 21
I have one who looks like he's started to zip. I've posted a picture does that look like a normal pip and zip? Should I wait to see if that on hatches before I candle the others?
No not the not the normal
Looks like he is going towards the end of the egg and not around it
You may end up having to help him
I did have this with a duckling once
Everything was fine with the bird he just had a leg in the wrong position to hatch
If he is still zipping let him continue
You want to make sure he is fully absorbed before helping but don’t want to leave him so long he gives up

No not the not the normal
Looks like he is going towards the end of the egg and not around it
You may end up having to help him
I did have this with a duckling once
Everything was fine with the bird he just had a leg in the wrong position to hatch
If he is still zipping let him continue
You want to make sure he is fully absorbed before helping but don’t want to leave him so long he gives up
Oh dear! I had another pip wrong and I had to help out and she's just lying in the incubator not moving now sleeping alot. I really hope this chick makes a better go at it ,😓

Back
Top Bottom