Day 23 Pips and no zips

No not the not the normal
Looks like he is going towards the end of the egg and not around it
You may end up having to help him
I did have this with a duckling once
Everything was fine with the bird he just had a leg in the wrong position to hatch
If he is still zipping let him continue
You want to make sure he is fully absorbed before helping but don’t want to leave him so long he gives up
How do I know if he has fully absorbed?

I doubt it.

I agree with Yard farmer. I hope the eggs are still alive 💗
No movement on any of the eggs. 😓 So not expecting any more pips. No more pipped when I took them out. The chick that pipped is stuck and I chipped a bit of shell off and then moved a little membrane and it bleed so put a damp piece of tissue on the bleeding. Put it back into the incubator. Going to just wait and see what happens 😭 I had a very complicated hatch. Had to move the incubator before lockdown because we had a powercut and they were plugged out for about 30mins. Think it made a big difference.

Make sure to keep it moist
Either coconut oil or Vaseline
I find the oil works best ti see veins but the Vaseline works best to keep it moist longer
It didn't make it. It must have run out of energy. 😭 There was a bit of blood over the rest of the egg so not sure what happened.
I have another with wry neck and she's spinning in circles and chirping like mad. Got some water with electrolytes in it into her but she wouldn't eat it. Any ideas on what to do with that? I've put her in the brooder

It didn't make it. It must have run out of energy. 😭 There was a bit of blood over the rest of the egg so not sure what happened.
I have another with wry neck and she's spinning in circles and chirping like mad. Got some water with electrolytes in it into her but she wouldn't eat it. Any ideas on what to do with that? I've put her in the brooder
Scrambled eggs and vitamin E help with wry neck
I don’t have my papers by me to remember the E dose but I’ll tag a few others
@Miss Lydia
@DuckyDonna
@Eggcessive
@BelovedBirds

No movement on any of the eggs. 😓 So not expecting any more pips. No more pipped when I took them out. The chick that pipped is stuck and I chipped a bit of shell off and then moved a little membrane and it bleed so put a damp piece of tissue on the bleeding. Put it back into the incubator. Going to just wait and see what happens 😭 I had a very complicated hatch. Had to move the incubator before lockdown because we had a powercut and they were plugged out for about 30mins. Think it made a big difference.
It's not your fault - sometimes it's just not meant to be. Use this hatch as a learning opportunity. Take care :hugs

Back
Top Bottom