Day 23-update

I hope they hatch for you!
I'm in the same boat as you today...only one hatched and no signs of anything from the 20 others....I'm hoping we just have late hatchers.
fl.gif

I have a pip!! I have a pip!! Doing Happy Dance
yippiechickie.gif

The egg on the left. Its one of the random ones I put in from a carton I bought at the auction, just for fun. I have no clue what kind of chicken could be in there. Its medium size and a light tan.
Pic_09Oct162008.jpg

Even if none of them hatch, at least I know I did something almost right. I am sooo excited and nervous now! How am I supposed to sleep tonight?!?! Please hatch chickies
fl.gif

Ps. Thanks for the encouragement and advice on being patient. I have been good and not opened the bator all day! Temp just above 100 and humid. hovering at 66%.

Last edited:
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

YAH CHICKIE !!!!! COME ON !!!!!!

Stay calm...... And don't open the bator !!!! Whats your hum at now ???

fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

My 3 eggs that hatched under my broody a couple weeks ago, all took about 12 hours from pip to hatched. I hope this one doesn't take that long.

No sign of pips from any others yet.

Haha, figures the eggs I paid $1.80 for are going to hatch, but the ones I paid almost $40 for and had shipped are going to make me sweat it out! lol

Last edited:
Quote:
Opppsss, didnt see it in your post above in till now !!!! It could take up to 48 hrs !!!!! The more you want to see them the longer they take !!!!! Your hum will go up as the first chick hatches !!!!

Watch that humidity!
wink.png
It will naturally go up when the chickS start hatching. Make sure you don't go over 75% for very long; otherwise you could drown some chicks! :eek:
I'm sure that there will be lots more hatching!
Congrats on the first pip! Post pics of the little fella when it hatches!
ya.gif
clap.gif
woot.gif
That sounds soo eggciting to not to know what breed of chicken it is! I can't wait to see him/her!
ya.gif

Come on chickies!!!!!!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
wee.gif

I'm
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
that the others start pipping!!!
jumpy.gif

You are doing a great job!
hugs.gif
Being so patient. A lot of people open the bators to check on them all the time(bad! bad! LOL) But you are doing very good!
thumbsup.gif
Keep those hands off the bator until all the good eggs have hatched!
I will be coming back to watch this post soon. Hopefully I will see some awesome news and pics of litt;e fuzzy butts! Now get some sleep and let the chicks hatch. Nature will take it's place, and if some don't hatch, then they don't hatch.(But I'm hoping most of them will!
wink.png
)
Good luck again!
fl.gif
I'm praying that they will be fine!
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom