day 23and 24.....*UPDATED!!!!!8/25**

well, i am at day 26 adn 27 on my two remaining eggs. No sounds at all. She is still sitting on them with determination. One has a water sound if so slightly jiggled, the other sounds solid. How long till I call it and try giving them a small crack ever so carefully? ( and inside a plastic baggie.....)

I was originally off a few days on my count. this is correct now though...

sad.png

Last edited:
Dont give up,
hugs.gif
if they dont hatch you can try putting some day old chicks under her at night to pay off all of her hard work and efforts
clap.gif

well, it's day 28 and 29. no sounds, no movement, nothing. I think tonight I am going to put them in a baggie and see what we got. I am sooooo scared that i may be doing something wrong, maybe there is a life in there. I am going to just sink if I kill something.....

your advise yet????

I am new to hatching. What does it mean to put it in a baggie and see what we've got? are you crackign the shell into a plastic bag or something? What are you doing? And why plastic? In case it's rotten and stinks, or what?

i am new at hatching just as well.
smile.png
i was told about the nonfertilized eggs after that long can sometimes explode when you handle them!!!! ug. can you imagine the smell it must have????? I do NOT want to experience that one. so yea, i was advised to put it in a plastic ziploc and seal it before I do anything. I hope that was the correct advise.

Back
Top Bottom