Day 24 duck incubation questions

Congrats..:).....They are so cute!

Cheers!

Thank you
1f423.png

So I have one duckling that seemed to be much weaker than the others yesterday... But I thought hey he is only two days old and everyone accept for the 1 other Pekin is three days old so he is just sleepy

Bit today all he wants to do is sleep, he can't keep his eyes open for OK get than about 5 min and he gets up to eat and drink (sometimes) when I come over he Cry's until I pick him up and he just Wat's to sleep in my sweatshirt with me... All the others including his brother/sister who is also now 3 days old(others are 4 days) the rest of them are eating and drinking great!

I've tried hand feeding him and he dose eat some and than I give him water out of a little dish...but he just wants to sleep. I pull him out and have him sleep with me quite a bit today because the others step on him and wake him up...

I'm wondering if I should separate him entirely, but I'm also uncomfortable with that because him and his other pekin sibling are very close and the healthy one stays by his side a lot!

I'm off to the feed store today to get some of that electrolyte and vitamin powder for their water, and I'm wondering if I should also get them the probiotics ? Or anything else to make sure this little guy pulls through

So I have one duckling that seemed to be much weaker than the others yesterday... But I thought hey he is only two days old and everyone accept for the 1 other Pekin is three days old so he is just sleepy

Bit today all he wants to do is sleep, he can't keep his eyes open for OK get than about 5 min and he gets up to eat and drink (sometimes) when I come over he Cry's until I pick him up and he just Wat's to sleep in my sweatshirt with me... All the others including his brother/sister who is also now 3 days old(others are 4 days) the rest of them are eating and drinking great!

I've tried hand feeding him and he dose eat some and than I give him water out of a little dish...but he just wants to sleep. I pull him out and have him sleep with me quite a bit today because the others step on him and wake him up...

I'm wondering if I should separate him entirely, but I'm also uncomfortable with that because him and his other pekin sibling are very close and the healthy one stays by his side a lot!

I'm off to the feed store today to get some of that electrolyte and vitamin powder for their water, and I'm wondering if I should also get them the probiotics ? Or anything else to make sure this little guy pulls through

Newly hatched ducklings do best with soupy feed....A bit of sugar water will boost him up...Do not separate him as it will cause undo stress to the poor baby...

Let me know if that helped..Water deep enough to dunk their heads is needed too..:)

Back
Top Bottom